Professional Profile of Donna Horn
Skilled Facilitator. Coach. Communicator. Writer. Creator. Relationship Builder.
• Over seventeen years in the private, non-profit, academic and public sector, providing process and technical expertise and leadership.
• Over six years of experience facilitating and coaching individuals and teams to higher performance.
• Implemented an organizational initiative that provided diagnostics on concerns of over 400 employees, enabling changes that improved productivity and effectiveness.
• Engaged a team of over 40 practitioners to provide support across an organization for an initiative nominated for an innovation and excellence award.
• Led a review of a culture change initiative implemented in a large organization and made recommendations for the future.
• Has provided coaching and facilitation to over a thousand individuals to leverage their success.
• Talented writer and communicator.
• Natural ability to connect with and motivate individuals at all levels of an organization.
A client says: ‘In my experiences with Donna I have seen and know her to be masterful at delivery of a vision and project. This is attributed to her natural ability to connect positively with people, ability to build individual and team spirit. She is intelligent and a strong communicator, coach and mentor.’
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Process facilitation
• Self-awareness and self-responsibility
• Strengths-based coaching
• Learning organization philosophy and tools
• Workshop design and delivery
• Effective communication
• Relationship building
• Team building
2008 – present Principal, Inspiricity Consulting
Founded a consulting firm with the intention of helping individuals and organizations achieve extra-ordinary results.
1996 – 2008 Government of British Columbia
Held various positions as a public servant, including in organizational development and transformation. Committed to individual and team excellence, and motivating and helping others to achieve the same.
1992 – 1996 University of British Columbia, Faculty of Forestry
Responsible for undergraduate student recruiting, advising, and job placement as well as high school and college liaison.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT/ACCOMPLISHMENTS/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
• Donate professional services upon request to specific causes.
• Certified practitioner in the use of the Myers-Briggs® Type Indicator.
• Certified Tourism BC WorldHost® trainer, 2009.
• Holder of several government of British Columbia multi-year corporate supply arrangements, including Facilitation and Continuous Improvement/Continuous Learning.
• Organizational facilitator of the Pacific Institute’s Investment in Excellence®.
• Member of Toastmasters Victoria.
• OpenGovWest 2010 attendee.
• OpenGovBC 2010 lead convener.
• The Heart of Consulting attendee, 2009.
• Various seminars, courses and workshops.
References available upon request.